Reflection on the semester
Learning and teaching film production online is no easy task and, frankly, is certainly not an amazing way to teach it. This is obviously nobody's fault and the current circumstances dictated a need to adapt. I’m very grateful to have had this class this semester. It was nice to have the calming regularity of our Wednesday lectures every week and the opportunity to talk with fellow classmates throughout all this during our labs. Doing our projects under quarantine created a unique challenge in creating something interesting alone and without much equipment. I think having this particular experience has given the confidence to try and continue making short projects on my own while under lockdown that I otherwise might not have pursued if I had not been pushed to put effort into making this initial project. I think learning to work with minimal resources is a valuable skill for us neophyte filmmaker as not only will it have positive repercussions once we do have more extensive resources but in building up a body of work that can let us get to that point.
Comments
Post a Comment